American Polar Society
Frå 1936 vart oppdagarar, forskarar og geografar i polar strøk æra:
- David Legge Brainard (1936). Han var den første som fekk æresmedlemskap.
- Richard Evelyn Byrd (1938).
- Vilhjalmur Stefansson (1940).
- Lincoln Ellsworth (1944).
- Frank Debenham (1949).
- Paul Allman Siple (1957).
- Louise Arner Boyd (1959).
- Finn Ronne (1960).
- Bernt Balchen (1966).
- Laurence McKinley Gould (1969).
- Thomas Charles Poulter (1973).
- Richard B. Black (1979).
- Norman Dane Vaughan (1980).
- Lincoln A. Washburn (1981).
- Charles F. Passel (1982).
- Thomas H. Manning (1983).
- Conrad Shinn (1984).
- Graham Westbrook Rowley (1985).
- Waldo Kampmeier Lyon (1986)
- William Robert Anderson (1987)
- Joseph Otis Fletcher (1988)
- Norbert Untersteiner (1989)
- Max Brewer (1990).
- James Francis Calvert (1991)
- Martin Arthur Pomerantz (1992).
- James R. Reedy (1993).
- Beaumont Buck (1994).
- David C. Nutt (1995).
- Charles R. Bentley (1996).
- Wilford Frank Weeks (1997).
- Kenneth Utuayuk Toovak, Sr. (1998).
- Robert Hoxie Rutford (1998).
- Anthony J. Gow (2004).
- James Van Allen (2006).
- Malcolm Wilde Browne (December 7, 1988). «August Howard, 78, Organizer Of a Society for Polar Explorers». New York Times. Henta 2. november 2011.
August Howard, founder of the American Polar Society and the editor of a newsletter for polar explorers and researchers, died of heart disease Sunday. He was 78 years old and lived in Rego Park, Queens. ...
- «American Polar Society». Henta 16. januar 2014.
- «Honorary Members». American Polar Society. Henta 2. november 2011.
There are now 32 Honorary Members in the Society; that is an average of one every two years since 1934 when we were ... The American Polar Society was founded Nov. 29, 1934, to band together all persons interested in polar ...
- «Gen. Brainard Honored. Last Survivor of Greely Expedition Enrolled in Polar Society at 80». New York Times. December 22, 1936. Henta 16. januar 2014.
Brig. Gen. David L. Brainard, retired, last survivor of General Greely's Arctic Expedition of 1881-84, celebrated his eightieth birthday here today and became the first honorary member of the American Polar Society.
- «Byrd Honored». Christian Science Monitor. October 26, 1938. Henta 16. januar 2014.
A scroll of honorary the American Polar Society to Rear Admiral Richard E. Byrd ... This is the second time such honorary membership has been . ...
- «Stefansson Receives Honor By American Polar Society». Christian Science Monitor. February 5, 1940. Henta 16. januar 2014.
Dr. Vilhjalmur Stefansson, veteran Arctic explorer and author has been unanimously voted in as the third Honorary Member of the American Polar Society by its executive board. He will be presented with an illuminated scroll emblematic of...
- «Commander Ellsworth Honored». New York Times. November 30, 1944. Henta 16. januar 2014.
Lincoln Ellsworth, USNR, as the fourth honorary member of the American Polar Society was announced yesterday by Russell J. Walrath, society president. ...
- «Woman Is Honored For Arctic Ventures». New York Times. June 7, 1959. Henta 16. januar 2014.
Miss Louise A. Boyd of San Francisco, became the first woman to attain honorary membership in the American Polar Society. She has led eight Arctic expeditions, ...